Online Teaching Techniques
In conjunction with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, MaxKnowledge has been honored by the 1EdTech Consortium as a Learning Impact Award Finalist for scaling pedagogical knowledge and practice through evidence-based technology.
MaxKnowledge Founder & CEO, Dr. Amir Moghadam, has been named as one of Career College Central's top 12 innovators leaping forward with ideas that have influenced the career education realm.
MaxKnowledge Chief Learning Officer, Tarlon Moghadam, has been named as one of Career Education Review's top 20 leaders changing career education.
In collaboration with the Universal Technical Institute, an independent evaluation study by the ROI Institute® proved the ROI of MaxKnowledge employee training on student retention to be over 500%.
This course provides you with a lifelong peer-to-peer learning opportunity through a specific Performance Group created within the Career Ed Lounge, a learning community of career education professionals. This allows you to learn and share with your peers at any time you want, even after you complete the course.
think, what others may be doing. I feel much better, because many of the questions I've been thinking of were indeed covered. What I found very interesting is the type of student we may get in our classes, I must say it's always a variety of people, personalities, and work ethic."
Module 1: Course Delivery
- Describe the characteristics of a quality online course.
- List the components of a typical Course Management System.
- Identify your roles as an online instructor to help ensure that students accomplish the course's learning objectives.
- Describe the nature of course content in the e-learning environment.
- Familiarize yourself with course delivery techniques and strategies.
Module 2: Projecting Your Presence
- Briefly review traditional classroom strategies in preface to teaching online courses.
- Describe ways to project your presence in the e-learning environment.
- Identify methods for projecting your authority in the e-learning environment.
- Examine how to establish professional learning relationships with your students from an online perspective.
Module 3: Engaging Learners
- Identify the three main variables that influence student participation and interaction.
- Examine the nature of asynchronous and synchronous discussion and describe ways to promote more meaningful and productive learner participation.
- Describe specific learning styles that influence student participation.
- Utilize guidelines for fostering student participation.
- Use guidelines for providing feedback in the e-learning environment.
Module 4: Managing the E-Learning Environment
- Examine guidelines for setting up an information management system for your online course.
- Manage email messages more effectively including student counseling.
- Identify types of learner profiles that affect online learning and utilize recommendations for working with them.
- Describe the major causes of conflict that affect e-learners.
- Identify measures for reducing student attrition from your online course.
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- Study Course Content
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
Digital Badge & Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
- Awarded upon successful completion of course
- This course provides a Certificate of Completion with 4 hours of continuing education credits.
This course provides credit toward the Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) credential in the following specialization area(s):
- CHEP in Online Teaching
- This course provides credit toward the continuing education requirements for CHEPs in all areas of specialization.