Class Management Strategies
In conjunction with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, MaxKnowledge has been honored by the 1EdTech Consortium as a Learning Impact Award Finalist for scaling pedagogical knowledge and practice through evidence-based technology.
MaxKnowledge Founder & CEO, Dr. Amir Moghadam, has been named as one of Career College Central's top 12 innovators leaping forward with ideas that have influenced the career education realm.
MaxKnowledge Chief Learning Officer, Tarlon Moghadam, has been named as one of Career Education Review's top 20 leaders changing career education.
In collaboration with the Universal Technical Institute, an independent evaluation study by the ROI Institute® proved the ROI of MaxKnowledge employee training on student retention to be over 500%.
This course provides you with a lifelong peer-to-peer learning opportunity through a specific Performance Group created within the Career Ed Lounge, a learning community of career education professionals. This allows you to learn and share with your peers at any time you want, even after you complete the course.
Module 1: Setting the Stage for Success
- Identify the characteristics of an instructional delivery expert.
- Create clear and specific course requirements and procedures.
- Handle late and missing assignment situations.
Module 2: Dealing with Challenging Students
- Identify the different categories of challenging students.
- List ways of working with challenging students.
- Use the strategies suggested for working with challenging students.
Module 3: Managing Student Behavior
- List ways of becoming an effective monitor.
- Describe the characteristics of silent, angry and cheating students.
- Use the strategies suggested for working with profiled students.
Module 4: Common Instructor Mistakes
- Identify reasons for instructor mistakes.
- Identify areas where mistakes are commonly made.
- Plan ways to avoid common mistakes.
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- Study Course Content
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
Digital Badge & Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
- Awarded upon successful completion of course
- This course provides a Certificate of Completion with 4 hours of continuing education credits.
This course provides credit toward the Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) credential in the following specialization area(s):
- CHEP in Teaching
- This course provides credit toward the continuing education requirements for CHEPs in all areas of specialization.