Effective Teaching Strategies
In conjunction with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, MaxKnowledge has been honored by the 1EdTech Consortium as a Learning Impact Award Finalist for scaling pedagogical knowledge and practice through evidence-based technology.
MaxKnowledge Founder & CEO, Dr. Amir Moghadam, has been named as one of Career College Central's top 12 innovators leaping forward with ideas that have influenced the career education realm.
MaxKnowledge Chief Learning Officer, Tarlon Moghadam, has been named as one of Career Education Review's top 20 leaders changing career education.
In collaboration with the Universal Technical Institute, an independent evaluation study by the ROI Institute® proved the ROI of MaxKnowledge employee training on student retention to be over 500%.
This course provides you with a lifelong peer-to-peer learning opportunity through a specific Performance Group created within the Career Ed Lounge, a learning community of career education professionals. This allows you to learn and share with your peers at any time you want, even after you complete the course.
Module 1: Developing as an Instructor
- Recognize the different roles instructors' play in the educational process.
- Identify competencies needed for instructor success.
- Describe different instructional styles and their impact on learning.
- Form a professional image of an instructor.
- Create a professional development plan.
Module 2: Planning and Preparation
- Describe commonly used instructional terms.
- Utilize different instructional tools for delivery of course content.
- Create strategies for preparing for the first class meeting.
- Recognize ways of selecting supportive instructional material.
- Write goals and objectives for courses.
- Develop a course syllabus.
- Analyze learning environments.
Module 3: Meeting the Class for the First Time
- Explain the role of the instructor during the first class meeting.
- Identify strategies for a successful first class meeting.
- Recognize ways of introducing class requirements to students.
- Create a to do list for instructional planning.
- Select content and activities for starting a new class.
- Decide on instructional supports to improve student motivation.
Module 4: Delivering Course Content
- Utilize different methods of organizing and presenting class content.
- Select appropriate content delivery options.
- Recognize categories of learning styles.
- Identify different lecture formats.
- Select lecture format appropriate for class being taught.
- Plan ways to use demonstrations to deliver content.
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- Study Course Content
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
Digital Badge & Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
- Awarded upon successful completion of course
- This course provides a Certificate of Completion with 4 hours of continuing education credits.
This course provides credit toward the Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) credential in the following specialization area(s):
- CHEP in Teaching
- This course provides credit toward the continuing education requirements for CHEPs in all areas of specialization.