Certified Courses > ED104
Class Management StrategiesThis course provides methods and techniques for managing students and class activities. We start by reviewing the steps instructors need to follow as they introduce a class to new students. We then discuss strategies to effectively deal with unfocused and challenging students. The course ends by describing common mistakes made by instructors and ways to avoid them.
- This course provides a Certificate of Completion with 4 hours of continuing education credits.
This course provides credit toward the Certified Higher Education Professional (CHEP) credential in the following specialization area(s):
- CHEP in Teaching
- This course provides credit toward the continuing education requirements for CHEPs in all areas of specialization.
- CHEP certification is awarded by the National Association of State Administrators and Supervisors of Private Schools (NASASPS) upon successful completion of 12 courses in specified training areas. Information on specific CHEP certification tracks are provided on the applicable training category pages. CHEPs can meet their annual continuing education requirements by completing 2 courses from any training area.
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- Study Course Content
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
- Available for download at the end of the course
- Adobe Flash Player
- Speakers or headphones
Module 1: Setting the Stage for Success
- Identify the characteristics of an instructional delivery expert.
- Create clear and specific course requirements and procedures.
- Handle late and missing assignment situations.
Module 2: Dealing with Challenging Students
- Identify the different categories of challenging students.
- List ways of working with challenging students.
- Use the strategies suggested for working with challenging students.
Module 3: Managing Student Behavior
- List ways of becoming an effective monitor.
- Describe the characteristics of silent, angry and cheating students.
- Use the strategies suggested for working with profiled students.
Module 4: Common Instructor Mistakes
- Identify reasons for instructor mistakes.
- Identify areas where mistakes are commonly made.
- Plan ways to avoid common mistakes.
This course provides you with a lifelong peer-to-peer learning opportunity through a specific Performance Group created within the Career Ed Lounge, a learning community of career education professionals. This allows you to learn and share with your peers at any time you want, even after you complete the course.
Please review our Terms of Service for additional information regarding your use of this site.