ML105 - Managing Workplace Challenges
As your organization grows, further develops and changes, challenges among your workers will naturally surface. Addressing these challenges constructively will yield positive benefits to employee morale , workplace climate and productivity. This course focuses upon four key areas of workplace challenges: difficult interactions, change, crisis situations and stress. Tips are provided on how to recognize the identifiers of these four areas and techniques are presented to systematically plan for, manage and resolve the challenges associated with them.
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- Faculty Support (facilitator/coach)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- 4 Weeks to Complete the Course
- Can Finish Faster
- Study Course Content
- Participate in Forum Discussions *
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
- Complete Online Course Survey
* You are required to participate in the course forum. We will assess the level of your discussion activity in the forum and may request an additional opportunity to engage you further in the discussion process prior to your certificate being awarded.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Speakers or headphones
- Decide which types of situations are worth investing time and energy to resolve.
- Overcome barriers to action.
- Identify the interpersonal differences that trigger difficult interactions.
- Productively discuss the emotions that difficult interactions can raise.
- Design solutions that satisfy your and the other party's most important interests and concerns.
- Coach your direct reports to help them learn to resolve difficult interactions.
- Recognize the different types of change programs observed in organizations.
- Prepare your unit or group to become change-ready.
- Understand a systematic approach for creating and implementing change.
- Recognize the importance of communicating throughout all phases of a change effort.
- Understand and address people's reactions to change.
- Take care of yourself during a change program.
- Avoid a crisis through planning.
- Prepare to manage crises you can't avoid.
- Recognize a crisis and contain it before it spreads even further.
- Resolve a crisis in the most effective way.
- Learn from past crises.
- Take care of yourself during a crisis.
- Understand the problem of excessive stress and worry in the workplace.
- Identify ways to manage your own stress.
- Develop strategies for turning worry into action.
- Let your body help you deal with stress.
- Practice good stress habits.
- Help others deal with excess stress and toxic worry.
Completion of this Course:
- Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
Learn about National Certification opportunities >>>
How to Enroll
Enter an enrollment key in the field above.