ML102 - Empowering Your Team
Teambuilding is so much more than encouraging team members to work together toward a common goal. Empowering your team requires effective leadership on your part. This course addresses crucial aspects of team dynamics and provides useful suggestions for leading a productive and diverse team. Special emphasis is placed on measures for improving team performance, managing conflict, promoting interdependence and collaboration among team members, coaching virtual teams, and fostering an inclusive team environment that leverages the advantages diversity has to offer. Useful for all career school managers, this course will help you build your team leadership skills and create a strong foundation for team success.
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- Faculty Support (facilitator/coach)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- 4 Weeks to Complete the Course
- Can Finish Faster
- Study Course Content
- Participate in Forum Discussions *
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
- Complete Online Course Survey
* You are required to participate in the course forum. We will assess the level of your discussion activity in the forum and may request an additional opportunity to engage you further in the discussion process prior to your certificate being awarded.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Speakers or headphones
- Diagnose common problems that can impede team progress.
- Take corrective measures to remove team problems and improve performance.
- Resolve team conflicts.
- Promote interdependence within teams.
- Improve your team leadership skills.
- Evaluate whether you should establish a team.
- Form a productive team.
- Launch a team effort effectively.
- Lead your team skillfully.
- Assess your team's performance.
- Understand the benefits and challenges of virtual teams.
- Create a strong foundation so that success is ensured.
- Build a virtual community that promotes collaboration and ongoing communication.
- Coach a team that you can't see.
- Utilize technology to keep a virtual team organized, motivated, and productive.
- Understand the unique value and challenges that come with a diverse workforce.
- Manage diversity-related conflicts in your team.
- Foster an inclusive work environment.
- Leverage the advantages that diversity offers.
- Recruit and retain diverse talent.
- Communicate effectively with employees, partners, and customers from other cultures.
Completion of this Course:
- Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
Learn about National Certification opportunities >>>
How to Enroll
Enter an enrollment key in the field above.