ED310 - Teaching Medical Terminology in Fun and Exciting Ways
Have you ever seen your students falling asleep in class? Have they been less than excited to learn medical terminology? In this course you will discover ways to teach medical terminology that keep your students interested, attentive, and highly engaged in the critical concepts and applications they need to know. Learn to use these active methods, as well as the reasons behind them, and watch your student success rates increase as you adapt and apply new methods to your medical terminology classes.
Please note that ED310 presents learning activities that are applicable to the on-campus classroom or lab. It is not designed for instructors who teach Medical Terminology in the online environment.
This course contained a lot of great ideas that I will use in my classes. I appreciated that much of the material was presented in a printable form that I could print and save for future reference.
I learned many different teaching techniques for teaching Medical Terminology, which I will incorporate into my classroom.
This course helped me to understand the importance of differnt ways of teaching and the different activities that could be used in class to make medical terminology classes easy as well as intersting.
This course gave me a lot of ideas how to incorporate new things into my terminology classes.
This course kept my attention and definitely great ideas to try out. Good job and thanks!
I was very happy with the course content and it really opened up my eyes and mind to some teaching methods I will be able to adopt and use in my classroom. I can't wait to utilize the tools I have just learned about to help my students obtain and retain the programs we are teaching.
Interesting ideas and ways to get my students more actively involved in learning.
This course had some great ideas for classroom learning.
I am glad I took this course because not only can I use it for med-term but also the other classes I teach.
This training course has got to be one of the best ones I have taken! I loved it!
I am incorporating new ideas and fun activities for my students. Meanwhile I am having a great deal of fun myself! I find the students are excited with the end results, after participating in the games. Their knowledge base is greater than they expected and are able to recall medical terminology in all of the classes that I teach.
Loved this course!!! Can't wait to use the activities in my own classroom!
- Can Start Anytime
- Self-paced (within course enrollment timeframe)
- Faculty Support (facilitator/coach)
- 4 Hours of Activities
- 4 Weeks to Complete the Course
- Can Finish Faster
- Study Course Content
- Participate in Forum Discussions *
- Pass ALL Required Quizzes
- Complete Online Course Survey
* You are required to participate in the course forum. We will assess the level of your discussion activity in the forum and may request an additional opportunity to engage you further in the discussion process prior to your certificate being awarded.
- Adobe Flash Player
- Speakers or headphones
Module 1: Creating Long-Term Memory
- Discuss how positive emotion creates long-term memory and mental engagement in students.
- Assess signs and symptoms of learners who are not engaged.
- Determine the amount of time it takes before students lose interest and attention in class.
- Describe the importance of reviewing and refocusing.
Module 2: Group Activities
- Apply active group methods to teaching medical terminology.
- Recognize examples of active group methods.
- Assess six teaching methods which fit your teaching style and learners' needs in the classroom.
- Determine which one you plan to use in your next class.
Module 3: Using Individual Activities to Teach Medical Terminology
- Develop active individual methods for teaching terminology.
- Assess and select at least one active learning idea for use with students working alone or in small groups.
Module 4: Using Visual Methods
- Adapt one segment of content to a new teaching idea.
- Evaluate the success of applying interactive teaching techniques in your medical terminology classes.
Completion of this Course:
- Certificate of Completion
- 4 Hours of Continuing Education
Learn about National Certification opportunities >>>
How to Enroll
Enter an enrollment key in the field above.